Brushing your teeth goes without saying, right? Well, maybe not. Do you really know how to brush your teeth properly? Use this step-by-step guide to ensure you're brushing effectively, and protecting your oral health.Step 1: Start with the outer surfaces of your teeth. Take your time! Gently brush your upper and then lower teeth. Going…
How to Combat Dental Anxiety
Did you know that dental anxiety is prevalent in 9% to 20% of adults in the United States. Dental anxiety is common because of miseducation and societal ideals. The truth is that there is no reason to fear. We are here to help you feel as comfortable every step of the way during your appointment. Knowing more about your appointment can help you feel more confident in your visit. Check out our blog on what goes on during a dental cleaning, so you know exactly what your appointment entails. Remember that you are in good hands. If you struggle with dental anxiety, we have compiled some coping mechanisms to help you through your appointment.
Tips to Combat Dental Anxiety
- Remember that we have talented professionals here to help you. You do not need to worry.
- Don’t be afraid to ask us questions throughout your appointment. We are happy to answer them and talk through the procedures.
- Take deep breaths. Try breathing in for the count of 5, holding for 2, and releasing for 5. Continue this until you have calmed down a bit.
- Listen to calming music before your appointment
- Make your next appointment before you leave. You’re more likely to come for a follow-up appointment if you don’t have to contact the office later to schedule it.
Our priority is making sure that you feel comfortable. Our talented dental professionals are capable and ready to help keep your teeth in great shape. Remember that there is no reason to worry. Make an appointment today.